What is the Developmental Disabilities Council?
The South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council was established in 1971 by Executive Order of the Governor and was reauthorized in 2010 and again in 2015. Not less than 60% of the total Council membership is consumers and family members. Additional members come from state agencies, DD Act partners and non-governmental organizations.
The Council is federally funded under the Developmental Disabilities Act. The Council engages in activities that contribute to a coordinated, consumer and family centered and directed, comprehensive system that includes needed community services, individualized supports and other forms of assistance that promote self-determination for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
The mission of the South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council is to provide leadership in planning, funding, and implementing initiatives that lead to improved quality of life for people with developmental disabilities and their families through advocacy, capacity building, and systemic change.
These meetings are being held consistent with FOIA and ADA requirements. Persons requiring accommodations should contact the DDC Office at 803.734.0465 in advance to make necessary arrangements for participation.
- December 13,2016 -Council Meeting Agenda
- Council Meeting Schedule 2017
- February 14, 2017 - Agenda
- April 11, 2017 - Agenda
- June 13, 2017 - Agenda
- All Committee Meetings will be held at SpringHill Suites 511 Lady Street, Columbia, SC 29201
- Community Supports Grant Review Schedule
- Employment Grant Review Schedule
- Self Advocacy Grant Review Schedule
- Targeted Disparity ad hoc Grant Review Schedule
- August 8, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- December 13, 2017
- Executive Committee Schedule 2017
- January 10, 2017 - Executive Committee Agenda
- March 14, 2017 - Executive Committee Agenda
- May 9, 2017 - Executive Committee Agenda
- July 18,2017
- September 12, 2017
- November 14, 2017
Click here to see a list of Council Members (updated June 9th, 2017)
Five Year State Plan:
The State Plan can be provided in alternative format(s) upon request.
State Plan 2017-2021 (final approved November, 2016)